In today’s world, where generating leads has migrated to social networks, business websites, and other forms of digital media, lead generation has become both easier and more difficult at the same time. Leading to more customers and a larger audience, lead generation is essential to finding new customers. In this blog post, discover key tips on boosting your leads for better long-term profit.
There are several ways to generate leads through a website, but it mostly depends on how well the site is designed and optimized for search engines, along with the quality of your social media campaigns. If you’re looking to get leads, implement the strategies and tips listed below to start generating leads for long-term profit.
Here are few tips on boosting your leads to get you started:
key tips on boosting your leads for better long-term profit
Tip 1 – Work on Your Branding
Brand image matters. Whether big or small, no business can work without customers and customers are sure to notice your business’s branding and logo. If your logo is a rip off of a bigger brand or if you don’t have a professional logo then these things will, directly and indirectly, affect your brand image and how your customers perceive you.
Having a good and professional looking branding helps you position yourself as a business with integrity and class, meaning that customers will not only trust you but will also recommend you to others.
To generate maximum leads for your business focus on:
- Having a professional looking logo and branding. You don’t need to splurge big on it right at the start, but hiring a professional won’t hurt you in the long run.
- Brand image matters, so make sure you are using the right colours, suitable fonts, and an appropriate name that will suit your brand and business.
Think about your brand and the kind of image you want to have before you launch. You can always improve things, but setting the base right is extremely important.
Tip 2 – Have a Responsive and Functional Website
Before the internet, businesses could get away with not even having a website, but now having a fully functional and optimized website is essential for generating leads and converting them into business.
Your customers are now finding businesses online through search engines. Once they land on your website you want them to find what they’re looking for. To do that you need to focus on building strong and effective landing pages that highlight what you’re doing and how you can help them.
To generate maximum leads:
- Build your website by keeping your customers and their concerns in mind. Think like your customers and fix problems you have that might be causing them inconvenience to them.
- Make it easier for them to navigate by having an easy-to-follow layout.
An attractive and responsive website means low bounce rate and more leads. The easier it is for your customer to navigate the website, the better your leads will be.
Tip 3 – Improve Your SEO
Search engine results are the gateway to leads. When a customer searches for a term related to your business, you want to be found by them. That is only possible if your website is optimized for search engines.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is not just the content on your website, but rather a combination of many factors that come together to form your search engine ranking. However, one thing is sure, without proper optimization, you will have trouble generating organic leads.
- Get your website optimized to see how well you are ranking for your niche-specific keywords.
- Make changes to improve your SEO ranking as well as your website speed.
- Employ good SEO practices to make sure your website is optimized and at its best for search engines to crawl and rank.
Tip 4 – Tweak Your Home and About Page
Your homepage is going to be the first thing a person would land on when they type your URL in the browser or when they click on the link displayed in search engine results. You were found by your customer¾now make sure you not only engage but also retain their attention.
Improve your home and about page for maximum leads and include everything they may want to know:
- Why they should do business with you and the various benefits of choosing you over your rivals. Keep the about page on point and give key information without overwhelming the reader.
- Your business ideologies and all the services you offer can be included in the about page.
Create an attractive and simple homepage that gives any visitors insights they need along with just the right amount of incentive to browse more. The about page should tell exactly what you are about, don’t make it a boring thousand-word long document but instead focus on the exact summaries of what you do.
Tip 5 – Offer Something for Free
Who doesn’t love free goods? People will usually download something if it’s given for free even if they think they don’t need it. Just by offering something for free you’ve gotten your foot in the door and you’ll generate a possible lead whenever someone clicks “download.”
A lot of people won’t know the extent of your services until they experience it firsthand, all they need is a little incentive to make the leap and you can bag this opportunity to generate leads.
- Give a taste of what they can experience in the form of something free.
- Convert a great blog post into a short downloadable eBook to be given away for free.
- Give away a PDF guide to help the customer.
- Create a free email course and ask them to sign up.
By offering them something for free, you encourage them to take the first step towards engaging with your business. This not only increases your chances of turning them into potential customers in the near future, but also shows them that you care about helping them. If they like your service they’ll follow through and make a purchase.
Tip 6 – Create Personalized Landing Pages
A landing page is an invaluable tool to generate leads. If used correctly you can employ it to generate multiple leads on the same product or different services you offer. A landing page could mean different things, but in general, it means to create a separate page for each product or service your offer. A visitor will land on this page either through your social media campaign or any similar campaign you are running.
To make the most of your landing page:
- Present your case. Utilize your landing page to the fullest by making a case for your product. Tell your audience about how your product can solve their problems right now.
- Use a personalized call-to-action by making a simple enticing offer in either text, image, or video configurations that lead your customer to make a purchase
A landing page is an important part to generate leads, and by including videos in your landing page it can increase leads by 80%.
Tip 7 – Create a Better Sales Funnel
Sales funnels are one of the easiest and most common ways to generate leads. While creating the sales funnel, keep in mind who your target audience is and how you can cater to them. Understanding and knowing your audience will help you create better and more personalized sales funnels, resulting in more leads.
Creating a sales funnel is about writing and producing content that creates ‘awareness’ among your potential customers meaning that you can present custom content to engage more and more customers. The content you create also helps your customers make a decision about whether or not your business is a perfect fit for them.
Use content like case studies, blog posts, articles, checklists, videos, and podcasts to create awareness among your customers. Content creation should be all about helping the customer not just focused on selling. You don’t have to brag about your product to sell. Focus on being honest and provide information to inform the customer.
Better sales funnels lead to better leads for long-term profit. A sure way to generate leads, personalized sales funnels and landing pages for plumber marketing campaigns will definitely prove to be effective in the long run.
Tip 8 – Make Use of Conventional Marketing Channels
Though marketing and advertising have moved online for the most part, conventional marketing channels like sending out brochures and pamphlets and putting up posters and advertisements are still relevant. These channels might not be relevant for every business out there, but to generate leads locally you can still make use of these channels.
- Pamphlets and brochures still provide a good return on investment and you should utilize this channel if your business works in a small area or you are just starting out.
- Use newspaper ads, brochures, and discount coupons to generate leads using conventional marketing channels.
Engagement with a localized market will help you set up your business slowly without overwhelming yourself.
Tip 9 – Use Social Media for Better Leads
Social media isn’t just facilitating communication between businesses and customers. It is, in fact, a great lead generator and actually helps businesses convert and increase sales and engagement.
Besides its undeniable impact on lead generation, social media networks also influence your customer’s selection and buying decisions. It’s up to you and how you utilize the platform that will determine how many leads you generate from various platforms.
- Create a social media campaign and a strategy to generate hype and awareness for your business.
- Use social media to start a conversation with your customer and generate a lead.
The most important part of your social media strategy should be to build rapport and start a conversation with your customers.
We have discussed a few key, but essential, tips that will definitely help your business generate more leads. Implement these to begin with and you will automatically see an increase in traffic leading to better lead generation.
About the author:
John is a long-time professional with over two decades of experience in analytics and communications technology. He works as the Senior Data Analyst at Fone Dynamics, a leader in call tracking, voice, and SMS communication. When John steps out of the office, he loves to spend time with his family and bike riding.