A business venture is not an easy task. Whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur or currently a business owner, there is no doubt that you still have a lot to learn when it comes to knowledge and skills in the business. There’s just a lot into it like finance, sales, marketing, operations, human resource, and so on. Because of this, it isn’t uncommon for individuals to get some mentorship, like hiring a tutor to help improve overall skills and knowledge in business.
Unlike in the past, it’s now easier to get a tutor through online channels. You’ll find many business tutors online that you can also hire to teach you at home or in the office if you want a personal and up-close encounter. This article will provide you with the best benefits of getting a tutor who can guide you with the skills and knowledge necessary in business.
The Benefits Of Getting A Tutor To Improve Your Overall Skills and Knowledge In Business
Emphasis on One-on-one Engagement
Different individuals learn in different ways and at their own pace. Though a classroom setting is also beneficial, tutoring provides an avenue for one-on-one learning where the tutor can use teaching methods suitable for the student, enabling proper focus on the areas that need improvement. It’s crucial to have support for this kind of learning, as practiced in Cluey Learning, to ensure that the student can keep up with the rest of the class as well as the lessons.
Tutoring comes in a personal encounter or face-to-face learning or one-on-one online. You can ask a tutor to teach you at home or come to your office at certain times of the day. If you prefer online, you can easily set up or choose a tutoring schedule that is best for you.
In business tutoring, one-on-one learning is vital because:
- The student can grasp business concepts in a more in-depth manner.
- There is a chance to ask all the questions or clarifications without intimidation or judgment from your peers.
- You can use your business scenarios as practice exercises for concepts and methods.
- There’s no need to think of competition like what happens in a classroom setting.
- You’re more confident and comfortable expressing your thoughts and emotions about a certain topic, most especially those that you can relate with.
- Get real-time and direct feedback without waiting or delay because the teacher is focused on you alone.
- Establish trust and rapport easily for a smoother and faster study flow.
- Study business based on your own pace without pressure from other people.
Study at Your Convenient and Flexible Schedule
With tutoring, you can study according to your schedule, most especially if you have a business to operate. Unlike in a classroom setup wherein you need to follow the schedule strictly, online tutoring allows you to improve your knowledge and skills in business anytime and anywhere.
Here are the benefits of having a flexible schedule:
- You’ll be able to focus on the important activities of the day, like still being able to work and fulfill your obligations in your daytime job, finishing a project for fieldwork, or supervising your employees for a small business.
- Set the best time to study business, even at night time when your children are done with schoolwork and asleep.
- It promotes good time management and self-discipline.
- Have quality time with your family while continuing to learn about business at your own pace.
- Spend time doing the things you love, like pursuing a hobby or your passion, while learning the essentials in business.
- You can set up a dental or doctor’s appointment easily so it won’t conflict with your study schedule, thus not neglecting your health while studying and performing other activities of daily living.
Enhances Work and Study Habits
It can be challenging to start as a business owner by yourself, especially when you don’t have any formal education in business. Through business coaching, you will develop better study and work habits as you divide your time between learning the tricks of the trade and building your empire.
With the guidance of a tutor, you will achieve the following:
- Be more productive with learning instead of being distracted by other things.
- Feel less overwhelmed with applying concepts with a structured module rather than throwing everything in one go.
- Be held accountable to complete tasks and evaluate them.
- Be inspired to practice learned concepts in your business and look forward to developing them further for more business success.
Choose Business Concepts to Learn
Business is a complex topic, and there are so many topics to discuss. By getting a tutor, you can discuss the best topics that are suitable for your business needs and situation. Of course, you don’t want to start learning the basics you already know. You want to learn something new and valuable for your business.
While there are short courses and certifications online that are self-taught, it is still better to hire a tutor for a thorough explanation about a particular business concept. Hire a tutor who is an expert in a specific field who can take your business knowledge to a higher level.
Here are some examples of business-related concepts:
- Business Plans: Outlining proposal, which includes business assumptions, capital structure, goals, organization structure, revenue model, time to market, vision and mission statement, operational strategy, return on investment, revenue structure, time to volume.
- Business Models: Some examples include auctioneering, barter, digital goods, consumer services, fast-fashion, creative services, complementary goods, one-stop-shop, modular products, micropayments, and white label.
- Competitive Advantage: Stand out from other businesses by learning competitive advantage topics like corporate governance, business cluster, absolute advantage, bargaining power, cost advantage, digital maturity, network effect, information asymmetry, and competitive differentiation.
- Business Capabilities: The examples of business capabilities include team, department, and organizational capabilities. The topics to learn may include managing credit risks, analysis of client credit rating, sales pipeline management, qualifying sales leads, information security, pricing, identifying security risk, and product design and development.
- Subculture: It refers to culture and traditions affecting business and consumer decisions, such as street fashion, computing culture, tribes, technology culture, new sincerity, conspicuous conservation, and normcore.
- Customer Experience: You’ll learn how to enhance a customer’s journey and drive motivation to avail your products and services. The topics may include applying color theory to product and web design, gamification, prototypes, negative space, modeless design, usability, and peak-end rule.
Builds Self-Esteem and Confidence
There are thousands of stories where people with no business backgrounds or degrees, or have experienced negative circumstances, succeeded with entrepreneurship. While this is indeed possible, there is a combination of mentorship and experience, among other things, that allowed them to possess the confidence and self-esteem they have now.
By getting a business tutor, you reduce the risk of wrong investments in time, money, and resources, and can allocate them appropriately instead. In turn, this makes you feel better about your decisions, even if there are failures along the way.
As an entrepreneur, you need to be optimistic and self-assured because:
- You’ll be making business proposals and present them to potential investors, your employees, and clients. It’s important to show these people that you are confident and optimistic about achieving your short-term and long-term business goals.
- Closing business deals require that you are convinced of what you can achieve even before it happens. If you’re self-assured, you can confidently explain the terms and guidelines of a business deal to your greatest advantage.
- Negotiations can be tough, and lacking confidence can affect your bargaining powers.
- Low self-esteem can hinder you from venturing other business opportunities.
- Business always involves risks and confidence in calculated risks that can help your business grow.
Promotes Real-World Application
It is given that the value of tutoring is to provide knowledge. However, it goes beyond familiarization and the memorization of concepts. Instead, you need to have a full understanding of them. With hiring a business tutor, you will master theories through extensive one-on-one coaching that will be tailored-fit to use in your business. You are held accountable in applying what you have learned to your organization, the results of which will be measured.
- Learning about finances will help you create a better feasibility study for your business.
- Marketing will teach you how to make a target audience profile.
- Management will influence you on how to handle your team for a positive working environment.
- Operations will upskill you with how to build your business processes from beginning to end.
Helps Learn the Industry Standards
As a field of study, business has standard terms, concepts, theories, frameworks, and so on. With the guidance of a tutor, these standards will be focused on to ensure mastery on your end as a businessman or businesswoman. It’s essential that your knowledge and skills are at par with industry standards so that your business is built on the right foundations.
Here are the benefits of learning the industry standards:
- Makes it easier for you to communicate with business partners, clients, vendors, employees, and customers.
- Gives precise results according to standard business metrics so that you know which ones to refine.
- Provides consistency with your products, services, processes, and more.
- Allows you to interact with your network confidently.
- Leverage your business and stay competitive in your business niche.
Benefit From Modern Tutoring
You can take advantage of modern tutoring using software programs and applications. Online tutoring uses state-of-the-art and advanced software applications to teach students better. What’s in it for you? Of course, you’ll become aware of the latest innovations and digital technologies you can also apply with your business.
There are many modern ways of tutoring today, such as video conferencing using different platforms, such as Skype, Facebook, and other video communication or social sites. Also, e-learning allows you to study using online modules and answer online quizzes or core competency tests. Get to know how to use Google Docs and other business tutoring apps.
Here are some examples of online tutoring apps:
- net: It is an app with lots of interactive tools and with cool features like a virtual classroom. You can write on the online whiteboard or video call. Your tutor can create and upload learning content and schedule classes.
- Idroo: It is an app that complements Skype, most especially for lessons that need instructions and interactions. You and your teacher can use the online whiteboard for easier and faster discussions of your topics.
- Wiziq: It is a widely used application for tutoring. Users can schedule sessions seamlessly, and tutors can offer recorded tutoring and live lectures. It enables content sharing and taking tests online for easy access.
Choose the Best Tutor for You
While there are many tutors available to teach business concepts today, not all are the same. That’s why it’s important to be able to screen and choose the best tutor for your needs and according to your preferences. The good news is that you can select your tutor to teach you the things you need to know about business. With online tutoring, you can request to screen tutors or choose one among the tutor profiles available or presented on the website.
Here are some tips when choosing a tutor:
- Check the credentials of the tutor, such as a business diploma, training certificate, and other foolproof documents showing the specialization or expertise of the tutor.
- If you know some friends or family members who are taking tutoring sessions, you can get referrals, too.
- Get character references from prospective tutors to validate a good reputation and background.
- Take a free one-on-one session to test the communication skills and expertise of the tutor.
There are definitely numerous benefits with private tutoring, even in business. The proper mentorship and guidance can be a huge factor in your success as an entrepreneur. With the help of the advantages listed above, you will hopefully look into the tutoring options available. You can choose private personal tutoring or online tutoring. Whether you’re planning to put up a small business or expand your existing business, you can benefit from continuous learning by getting a tutor, so you can achieve your business goals and become a successful entrepreneur or business owner.