If you are the owner of a local business or do online marketing for one, then you might be aware of the challenges that may come in your way during SEO campaigns. This is why we are here to explain to you another way of ranking your business – local SEO.
The results that you are likely to get through local SEO marketing will be totally different from your SEO campaigns and are most likely to provide better results.
Understanding Local SEO Marketing
Every multi-location or small company can attract more customers through local SEO strategies in order to grow their business. The local Search Engine Optimization (SEO), often referred to as local SEO marketing, is an amazingly effectual method to market a local business online since it aids businesses to promote their services and products to local customers whenever they look for the same products online.
This result can be attained through various methods, some of which are also followed in standard SEO.
Local Search – What is it?
Local search and standard informational search are completely different from each other. A standard informational search may include ‘how to fix a bulb’. The results for this query can be ranked through good authority and SEO. However, when someone looks for ‘electricians near me’ or puts in a query like electricians in a certain location, the local search comes into action.
When such a local intent search takes place, the search engine comprehends that either the searcher is looking for a list on the basis of the location or for a business list. The result is then based on this in the SERPs (search engine result pages). The difference in the performance and result is the main reason why one must invest in local SEO besides standard SEO.
What do you mean by Local SERPs?
Local businesses require visibility on 3-pack or local pack for the improvement of traffic through their doors or to their websites. When Google is searched with local intent, a block of 3 business lists appears below the map. These 3 listings are called local pack.
Although Google acts witty here by pulling the information directly from your website (like reviews, opening and closing times, etc.), it is not where the elements actually come from. Instead, they are from the business’s Google My Business Profile. This plays a crucial part when it comes to tips on local SEO.
Google My Business
As the name implies, Google My Business (GMB) means the business profile of an individual on Google. Earlier called Google+ Local or Google Local, GMB provides information to various places that comprise of the Google Maps search results and the local pack.
A major role of local SEO is to make the GMB profile as accurate and up-to-date as possible. This will augment the chances of appearing in the local pack and make the customer feel that the business is appealing, attractive, and trustworthy enough to warrant a click-through. Even though GMB is unbelievably prevailing, it is just an instance of a citation.
What is a Citation?
The place where the information of your business appears altogether online, generally in a business listings website or an online directory, is called a citation. The information includes your Website URL, Phone number, Address, and Name. This is, in short, referred to as NAPW.
Citations are essential to get ready for local SEO, because if your business is not listed when people search for it, then your competitors will take over you.
Citations are of two different kinds. These are explained below:
- Structured Citation: It is a mention of an individual’s business on business directories or websites like Yellow Pages, Bing, Foursquare, Yelp, and Google+. When it comes to such citations, it is essential to claim (verifying ownership), fill out (ensure that relevant information is there), and optimize (ensure that the information matches other citations and is correct).
- Unstructured Citation: This refers to the mention of an individual’s business on other businesses’ websites, newspaper websites, and blogs.
Reasons Why Local SEO attracts New Customers
Following are some reasons that will help you comprehend why you should utilize local SEO for attracting new customers:
- 85% customers trust online reviews of businesses as much as they would consider personal recommendations.
- Only 20% adults obtain news from newspapers that are printed.
- A lot of local SEO opportunities are free of cost.
- Only 44% businesses have claimed GMB listing.
- You will get great returns when you invest in local SEO.
- Mobile internet is rising.
- Local SEO marketing is timely and highly targeted.
- Local customers have switched to look for local businesses online through mobiles and computers.
- 78% local mobile searches lead to an offline purchase.
- 50% local mobile searchers find business-related information.
- 64% local customers utilize directories and search engines as their major sources of finding local businesses.
- Out of all Google searches, 46% are local.
- 96% PC owners carry out local searches.
How to Rank Well in Local Search?
Now that you have understood the basic concept of local SEO marketing, you must be willing to succeed in this. Well, three major elements determine local search ranking. These are:
- Prominence: How are your products and services according to other consumer reviews?
- Relevance: To what extent are your services and products relevant to the search query?
- Proximity: How close is the searcher to your business?
Since there are numerous online searchers for local businesses, it is best to use local SEO marketing techniques if you possess a local business. This way, you will be able to get your site well ranked and attract customers. This will lead to a boost in your business.