While there’s no doubt that your personal injury or car accident law firm is comprised of qualified, experienced, and passionate personal injury lawyers, the market is very competitive. You want your firm to be the top choice of people who have been injured in a car accident, neglected in nursing homes, or harmed in a workplace because of operating heavy machinery.
The online world or the Internet makes your marketing a lot easier as compared to expensive and time-consuming marketing methods in the past. People can easily share your content, like your blog, article, or press release, as well as infographic, images, and video or audio files online, like in social media channels.
How can you make it happen? In this post, you’ll learn some of the key tips to market your car accident or personal injury firm.
Incorporate SEO To Your Website
Search engine optimization or SEO refers to how search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing, gather results from a web search query. Typing in keywords relating to a topic that an online user needs information about, like “car accident lawyer Colorado Springs” produces a list of websites related to the topic. Search engines have web crawlers or have algorithms in place to index web content containing the search keywords to deliver the best results for online users.
Here are some helpful tips and benefits of SEO in marketing your law firm:
- You can increase your personal injury law firm’s site rank because more people can see your website on the first page of Google or other search engines.
- SEO can help increase the visibility of your law firm’s website on search engines by using relevant keywords that most people use in searching for legal products and services.
- Gain more site visitors and potential clients because of informative and up-to-date content.
- Incorporate SEO to your website and social media posts. Also, if you have other media files, like images, incorporating SEO is highly beneficial, driving more traffic to your site.
Keep in mind that SEO is not all about using keywords. Avoid keyword stuffing because Google will penalize you by putting your site on the last page results. Google wants you to provide high-authority, relevant, informative, helpful, and engaging web content with the right word choices.
Get Creative With Your Law Firm Content Marketing
There are many creative ways to generate links, drive brand awareness, and get more opportunities to connect with your clients. Avoid boring or dull content or blogs. People like content that inspires emotion, engages them, and drives a reaction or feeling.
Here are some helpful tips for creating informative and engaging blogs or articles for your personal injury law firm:
- Know Your Audience: Create content pieces that your clients and visitors can relate to. You should be able to show that you know how to speak your clients’ language and understand the struggles of a victim.
- Conduct Market Research: View your real-time conversion and sales data, as well as your competitors’ websites to find out what marketing campaigns drive high traffic.
- Educate the People: Provide more in-depth information in the form of testimonials or case studies, which is an effective added push, making people feel that your law firm has genuine concern in helping.
- Be Unique: Distribute content that can differentiate your client from your competitors, such as strategic guest posting on Facebook groups, other sites’ well-positioned blog posts, forums, and other platforms where potential clients are usually interacting about legal matters.
- Show Genuine Concern: Create human and timely content so you stay on top of current events and trends. Check the news and relate them to the most common personal injury issues arising today. For instance, you can share your thoughts about a recent car accident of a celebrity or athlete, which might significantly affect the life and career of the persons involved, and ways to ensure a victim receives full compensation.
Implement Podcasting Law Marketing
A podcast refers to digital audio or video file that is made available online. You can download a podcast to a computer or a mobile device, like your tablet or smartphone. Podcasts are typically available as new installments or a series received by podcast subscribers automatically.
For podcast listeners, subscribing to podcasts are a great way to enjoy informative and engaging content from different parts of the world for free. While podcast publishers use podcasts to reach a broad customer base or audience, personal injury lawyers can use podcasting as an effective marketing strategy. Podcast consumers listen to downloaded podcasts while on the road every day, so you might find it a smart marketing tool to reach local clients.
Here are some of the tips and benefits of podcasts for personal injury lawyers and law firms:
- Podcasts offer an easy method of talking or connecting with potential personal injury clients. Now, it is possible to deliver authoritative info on relevant topics on time personally.
- Build your law firm’s online presence, enabling you to open new possibilities.
- You can diversify your online marketing without needing expensive audiovisual equipment. Producing a talk show is possible using a computer and a typical built-in microphone.
- A podcast can connect and introduce you to new potential clients.
- Most people spend 20 to 30 minutes listening to podcasts. However, make sure that you have high podcast quality to gain winning repeat listeners.
- You can hire professional recording equipment to produce a series of shows, and create artwork for your podcast. Make it available for download from the Apple or iTunes store.
- To market your podcast, you have to blog or write an article about it to gain loyal listeners. Let people know about the personal injury law topics you have covered, as well as upcoming topics.
- Write a press release and place your podcast links on your social media pages. Share clips through a social media or email campaign.
- Podcasting can help expand your integrated law firm marketing portfolio, providing another way for potential clients to find you.
- Your podcast is a shareable content for listeners and subscribers, which enables them to suggest it to other people. It sends the right message, reflecting the position of your law firm regarding common personal injury claims and issues, and displays the excellent quality of service you provide.
Take Advantage Of Social Media
It’s a known fact that social media platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, are influential, making it an effective marketing strategy for personal injury law firms. Social media is perceived by many as an excellent avenue to share experiences, learn from other people, learn new things, and get practical and helpful answers from real people.
Here are some social media marketing tips to promote your law firm:
- Create a fan page for your car accident law firm.
- Regularly post informative, up to date, and helpful social media content, like a short article, a piece of expert advice, high-resolution images, infographics, and videos.
- Encourage your followers to ask or answer a question relating to the most common personal injury case scenarios.
- Integrate your social media fan page to your law firm website using links. Make sure to read terms or user agreement of social media sites to avoid getting penalized.
Retarget Your Website Visitors
Your law firm was probably recommended by a potential client’s relative or colleague, or your site popped up in Google when a user was looking for information about personal injury law. While there are many ways people can discover your website, many visit, but never think of going back.
You may have the best content marketing and SEO strategies, but how do you remind previous site visitors about your law firm? The answer is retargeting your site visitors. For example, if a visitor is reading the news, your law form shows up in the sidebar.
Here are the benefits of retargeting visitors using Google Ads:
- You can benefit from retargeting ads from Google, so your law firm appears on almost any site that’s part of the Google Display Network, including over 2 million sites, reaching millions of people on the internet.
- It increases the effectiveness of your marketing efforts. You can set your target audience or metrics to reach more potential clients.
- It increases your brand awareness and drives conversions. According to statistics, retargeted display ads tend to obtain better click-through rates ten times than standard display ads.
Take Advantage Of Email Marketing For Lawyers
While you are so busy handling cases, an email marketing campaign is a must for every law firm. It is an easy fix to your marketing problems when you’re too busy with other things. Automation can be set up, so your potential clients feel valued. Show your genuine concern by submitting a personalized email with a prospective client’s inquiry through an email marketing specialist.
The first step to kickstart your email marketing for your personal injury law firm is to build your email contacts. You’ll find trusted and reputable email marketing services that offer website placements, lead magnets, and automation, to keep you in constant contact with your potential and current clients 24/7.
Here are some helpful tips and benefits of implementing email marketing to promote a personal injury law firm:
- Email marketing, specifically newsletters, work double time to acquire new clients and retain existing clients. You’re able to continuously share valuable information with your clients, thus positioning you as a legal expert. It increases a client’s trust in your legal expertise.
- Achieve a clear return of investment with email marketing because it provides clear metrics, showing click-through rates, open rates, and other actions performed by individuals who receive your newsletters and emails. Now you can optimize your marketing campaign by meeting the needs of your clients, thus increasing your return on investment.
- Visitors who sign up to receive your emails are very much interested in your legal services, and these people need a little push, or more convincing. Your leads are already a couple of steps ahead in the sales funnel, so you can implement other marketing strategies to show your subscribers that you’re worth their time and money.
- Targeting your audience will enable you to deliver the most relevant emails to different client segments, such as leads, current clients, or past clients. You can provide the right messages that pertain to the interests and needs of your clients.
- You may include personal injury case studies that best apply to the user. Also, you can send practice updates and relevant blog articles, anticipating the needs of your clients.
- Email marketing also involves routine list maintenance to keep your email contact list up-to-date. With the help of an email marketing expert, you can free your contacts from those who are no longer opening your emails or no longer need your legal services.
You can set up a contact form to collect user information to gain potential leads. But of course, your marketing efforts don’t end up there. It’s crucial to think like a salesman and follow-up leads. For instance, a personal injury attorney Colorado Springs should follow-up leads by arranging a phone call or a “Thank you” email within 24 hours once the lead comes in.
Apart from that, here are other tactics to follow-up leads:
- Answer any questions or comments on your fan page to demonstrate you care and are giving ample attention to potential clients. Do it as soon as possible to show your interest and concern.
- Personalize your communication methods by addressing the person by name in your initial phone call or emails. Personalizing your communication method will make your potential client more comfortable opening up and explaining sensitive information concerning the incident or accident.
- Send relevant information based on the pages the lead visited. Don’t push canned responses, but rather respond personally to an online inquiry.
A personal injury or car accident law firm can thrive in the competitive business world through digital marketing, such as SEO, content marketing, lead generation, retargeting visitors, and social media marketing. While you can always choose to hire a professional to do these tasks if you want to focus on your craft as a lawyer, having a little bit of knowledge and skills will help you make better marketing decisions to get more clients you can help.