All the departments that you have in your company certainly have their unique jobs and tasks to perform. Each department contributes, one way or another, to the success of your business. But out of all of these departments, it is often the marketing department that is left with the most substantial responsibility of solidifying your company’s presence. With the fierce competition in the business industry today, your marketing department is given the job of making sure that your business is well-known, and that your products have ample exposure.
While techniques in marketing are continuously being upgraded, one of those that have remained steadfast involves the creation of marketing media. Whether you are going for traditional forms of marketing, or if you are going for digital means, you have to ensure that the media you use and publish are visually appealing. Without this, you are merely wasting your time, money, and effort, as you cease to become effective.
That said, if you are eager to learn more about how best to create your marketing media, continue reading below and find out how.
- Create Infographics
Infographics refer to information presented through images rather than text. Remember that when you are marketing, you are trying to sell your products, or a service that you are trying to offer. Especially if you are a service-oriented company, you will want to have infographics, as this is a way of showing your audience that you have solutions to their most common problems.
When you would otherwise talk about your services in a dull and text-heavy advertisement, this is now made more exciting and visually appealing through your infographics. Most people feel discouraged to read text-heavy content as they tend to be always on the rush, and they would rather read something that they could digest and browse through quickly and easily.
Here are some of the best techniques for you to apply when creating your infographics:
- Include the benefits that your clients will gain from choosing to subscribe to the services that you offer.
- Show your audience that you understand the problems that they are going through, hence the solution that your company can provide for them.
- Show your audience the processes and steps on how you seek to solve these common problems of your clients.
When creating your infographics, keep in mind to create that delicate balance between putting in as much data content in as little words as possible, supplemented by the best and most informative photos that you can apply.
- Always Have A Well-Defined Plan
Even if you have a team of the best and most creative media creators, this doesn’t mean that you can afford to relax and slack off on the process of creating appealing marketing media. Just like any other method that you are going to apply in your business, you must always have a clear plan. Similarly, from the first step to the very last, your marketing plan should ensure that the media you use is not mediocre and it isn’t just there for the sake of creating one.
Creating a plan directly affects the quality of your marketing media in the following ways:
- You can use your available resources to your maximum advantage.
- You can determine a well-defined budget that works best for achieving successful promotional materials.
- You can evaluate the current standing of your team as to their expertise and skills on creating up-to-date, appealing, and catchy marketing media.
- You can create a plan as to how comprehensive your coverage may be. Remember that each medium or platform also has different standards and approaches regarding what is considered as appealing.
- You can create a proper time-frame for the completion of your marketing media.
- Create Quote Cards
Quote cards refer to marketing media that are shaped like business cards, except they have an enticing, humorous, and catchy quote on the card. More often than not, the logo of your business is placed on the bottom right-hand corner of the quote card. This strategy is one of the most commonly applied in marketing media today. If you would like to shy away from using too many images and focus on quotes instead, doing this is an excellent alternative.
For your quote cards to stand out and be appealing, you have to achieve the following standards:
- You must form a connection with your audience
- You must educate your readers about the purpose of your company
- You must be engaging, funny, and catchy
- Use Internet Tools To Your Advantage
Designing visually appealing marketing media is a difficult task to complete, but it is something that you can also learn very quickly. Moreover, because of the advancements in technology, there are many software available online that you can avail of that helps in the creation of social media graphics. Some of these include:
- Create A Balance Between Images, Text, And Graphics
When you are in the process of making appealing marketing media, do not mistakenly think that you have to include just images. When your media shows only images, you also cease to be effective. How would your audience understand the message that you are trying to convey? Therefore, you should create a balance between having images, text, and graphics. Especially when you have graphics, this makes it even easier for social media users to notice you.
- Stick To Rules That Must Be Universally Followed
Making visually appealing marketing media doesn’t mean that you can just create anything as you please without even putting much thought into the process. Remember that the marketing media you are creating should represent your company, so you must have that element of uniformity across all media that you publish, so it becomes easier for your audience to associate these media with your company.
- Have consistency by using uniform design elements for your own, unique style
- Use only the colors that your business is associated with
- Always attach your logo into your marketing media
While there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to creating marketing media, there are also uniform rules that graphics and image content designers stick to. These rules generally apply, regardless of the purpose for which you are creating your media.
- When playing with colors, always remember the rule of contrast. Dark text and images should be set against light backgrounds and vice versa.
- When trying to insert your logo, if your company is already very much well-known, the strategic placement should be on the top right-hand corner, and if your company is still lesser known, place it on the lower right-hand corner.
- When mixing all the design elements, do apply consistency in your fonts, colors, website URL placement, and all other factors.
- Use Colorful Data Visualizations
Charts, pie charts, graphs—all of these have remained constant, despite the passage of time, as one of the most effective ways of visualizing data. Most especially when you have so much data to show, there isn’t going to be any recall in the minds of your viewers if you simply settle for numbers. The more numbers you post, the lesser the chances of your audience viewing your content. Hence, it comes in highly recommended for you to convert these numbers into colorful data visualizations. When you do so, it becomes easier for your audience to remember them and grasp the message that you are trying to relay.
- Create Your Designs According To Your Target Audience
This section involves the audience that you are trying to relay your message to. As much as possible, you should tailor your designs to meet the specifications of your target audience. For example, if you are in the business of selling children’s items, you might want to be more colorful. Think of bright, kindergarten colors. On the other hand, if you are trying to reach out to professionals who are in search of technical products and items, you will want to stick to more neutral and monochromatic colors. If you are also trying to sell products to senior citizens, you want your colors to be soft and friendly to the eyes of the older generation.
Colors are effective in catching the attention of the target audience that you want to reach, and you must endeavor to make a great impression on them, starting off with the color tones and hues you incorporate in your marketing media.
- Incorporate Artwork From Time To Time
Do you have a natural artist on your team? Or are you an artist yourself? Incorporating original artwork on your marketing media can be quite expensive and will mean an added expense if you will have to hire another extra talent on the team to do this. But if you already have access to this, then why not use it to your advantage?
Having original artwork on your media graphics is an excellent way to retain the attention of your audience. They would begin to wonder among themselves what this artwork means and what it is trying to convey, and generally use this as a conversation piece within their own circle or network as well. When you do this, you are making your marketing media more memorable and more personal.
- Adjust To The Specific Requirements Of Social Networks
Websites and social media sites have various requirements and standards for the media that you post. You cannot just expect to have one media used uniformly across all social media sites. When you do this, no matter how beautifully curated your media is, you still will not be as effective as you ought to be.
Examples of the standards of the most common social media sites include:
- On Instagram, you want to create short videos for Instagram stories, as well as photos that match the theme you are trying to curate on your feed, and the hashtags that you are going to use.
- On Facebook, you have more room to play around with a more extended caption, but with lesser hashtags. As Facebook is mainly used for entertainment purposes, you should keep your posts light, informal, and funny or entertaining.
- On Twitter, you have to focus more on the text of your images, as news is more of the priority on this site.
- On Pinterest, you have to be more creative than usual, and this is where you can post your infographics.
- Publish Interactive Content, Too
When you say “visually appealing,” this doesn’t only refer to the colors and the quality of your marketing media. This standard also applies to how you can capture the attention of your audience, and retain this attention, too. To set periodic breaks in between posting purely image media, you can try to be even more creative through publishing interactive content as well.
Interactive content is useful in giving your audience room to engage in conversations and actions with your company. Some of the ways to do this include:
- Posting video tutorials
- Posting polls and surveys
When you post interactive content, you are actually hitting two birds with one stone. Not only are you making yourself appealing to your audience, but you are also soliciting feedback and recommendations from them. For example, through polls and surveys, you are creatively soliciting information regarding matters like what they want to see from you more, and the like. Hence, you are raising your marketing strategy up to a higher level as well.
Beyond just creating marketing media, remember that the greater goal is for your business to get noticed. You want your target market to know that you exist, and you want them to learn more about your company. One of the best ways for you to capture their attention is through visually appealing marketing media. This is not just any kind of marketing media, but one that sparks the interest of your audience. Now that you have these tips to guide you, all that is left for you to do is to go along and start creating your marketing media.