Do you want to improve the conversion rate of your website? Getting lots of traffic is amazing, but if that traffic is not converting, than maybe there’s an issue with the website.
I’m excited to say I’ve partnered up with Visme in order to create this infographic on 10 easy ways to increase your conversions that you can apply now – and if you want to embed this on your site, the code is below:
Add this infographic to your website by copying and pasting the following embed code:
<p><strong>Please include attribution to staging.exclusive-side.flywheelsites.com with this graphic.</strong><br /><br /><a href=’https://www.lilachbullock.com/how-to-increase-conversions/’><img src=’https://www.lilachbullock.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/How-to-Increase-Your-Conversions-in-10-Simple-Steps.jpg’ alt=’How to increase your conversions in 10 simple steps’ width=’540px’ border=’0′ /></a></p>
This infographic was made in partnership with Visme.
Play with your website
Try a/b testing (split testing) in various areas of your website to see what brings in more conversions, for example:
- Different page layouts, colours used and even fonts
- Try out different headlines – everyone will see your headline, and very few will read anything else on your website.
- Change up the copy from your homepage/landing page
Calls to action
- Experiment with different calls to action to see what works best
- Change the CTA button – make it bigger, smaller, change the color
- Cut down on unnecessary fields so that potential customers don’t get frustrated
- Experiment with opt-in form’s location on your website
- If you want more fields in your form, then make the unnecessary ones optional
What makes your product special?
- Are you explaining the benefits of using your product well enough?
- Why should people buy from you?
- What makes your product better than the competition’s?
Building the Sales Funnel
- Make your visitors trust you by the time you ask them for their money
- Offer up free advice, such as videos, checklists and other useful material
- Give out short free trials if your product allows it.
- Ask past customers to give you testimonials that you can then add to your website
- It’s a great way to build trust with new leads
- Build up an email list
- Write great subject lines to ensure people will actually open the email
- Send out useful free content from time to time to increase trust
The landing page
- Make sure everything is clear and customers know what to do
- Try making the page as minimalistic as possible so as to avoid distractions from the “Buy it” button.
- How easy is it to pay for your product?
- Do you offer more than one payment method?
Free shipping can make a huge difference in conversion rates:
- Advertise the free shipping on your website
- If it’s too expensive try giving out only to first-time customers
- Hidden shipping costs can make many potential customers abandon their carts
As you can see, improving your conversion rate can be a result of simply making a few small changes on your website. What other ways do you know of increasing your conversion rates? And please share the infographic and embed it on your website with the code provided below.