B2B Digital marketing
B2B Digital marketing
What is B2B digital marketing and what strategies should you use to promote a B2B company?
On this page, find out what B2B marketing is, what are the best business-to-business marketing strategies and what B2B tactics work in 2020.
What is B2B digital marketing?
B2B digital marketing refers to the way business-to-business companies use digital marketing tactics to market their business online and reach their goals. Some of the most popular B2B digital marketing tactics are:
– Blogging and content marketing
– Social Media marketing
– Email marketing
– Search Engine Optimization
– Online advertising
What strategies can be used in B2B digital marketing?
Technology influences every business differently, but B2B businesses need technology to grow and reach their goals. So, they need great digital marketing strategies.
Here are the most important and successful marketing strategies a B2B company can apply:
- Research – this is the key element in finding the right target audience. You can’t promote your products or services to everyone at the same time, so you have to find who to target first and why. Create a buyer persona based on the most obvious characteristics of your customer and try to understand the needs of your customers. Then, you will know if your products or services can help them or not so you will know who to target.
- Informative website – in order to be visible online and start attracting traffic, you have to offer high-value content that provides vital information about your company, the products and services you are selling, and why you are the best choice in the field.
- Content – content is the key element in any marketing campaign. Everything orbits around it and you can’t manage to have a successful B2B digital marketing strategy without it. Don’t focus on a single type of content because you can’t know for sure what your audience wants to read, watch or hear. Try writing different types of content, creating engaging videos or podcasts, and include ads wherever you can.
- SEO – search engine optimization is very important as a B2B digital marketing strategy. If you want to appear in the right Google search results and bring more traffic to your website or blog, you have to optimize your site’s pages and content. You have to create a powerful SEO strategy that will improve your online visibility, as well as your brand awareness. Try to gather as many backlinks as you can from other trustworthy websites and work hard on creating valuable content. Search engines are a bit tricky to please – so you need a good strategy behind you to help.
- Social media – social media platforms can be a great source for B2B digital marketing campaigns. You can either choose Instagram or Facebook to share your content and be seen. However, you have to post relevant information on social media or you won’t be taken into consideration by your target audience. Just remember, your clients should engage through your content. This means that they have to like it and consider it valuable for their needs.
- Pay-per-click – you can also try a pay-per-click campaign to see if it works for you. Just as the name mentions, you have to pay per each click you get on your ad. Sometimes, this can be a great strategy because you can get results quickly – but advertising alone isn’t enough in the long run and should be used together with other digital marketing strategies.
Need help with your B2B marketing strategy here? Reach out to us here to see how we can help.