I’m a fan of movies, in case you couldn’t tell by the Top Gun reference the other day!
And it got me thinking about how many great movies revolve around a relationship between two people.
Not talking about romance movies here!
I’m talking about a ridiculously successful person and their mentor.
- Luke Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
- Harry Potter & Dumbledore (Harry Potter)
- Daniel & Mr Miyagi (Karate Kid)
- Basketball team & Coach Ken Carter (Coach Carter)
- Master Po Kung Fu Panda & Master Shifu (Kung Fu Panda)
- Neo & Morpheus (The Matrix)
- Students & John Keating (Dead Poets Society)
(If you haven’t seen any of these, they’re worth putting on your list!)
If you have seen the movies (or even just one) try to imagine how everything would’ve turned out if the hero/heroine hadn’t trusted and learned from their mentor.
💥 Luke Skywalker would never have destroyed the Death Star.
🗲 Harry Potter would have been the boy who lived… and then died.
👊 Daniel would have taken a serious beating.
🏀 Coach Carter’s team would’ve been a bunch of dropouts.
🐼 Po would never have brought peace to the valley.
💫 Neo would’ve been completely lost.
📚 The students would never have found their courage.
None of the movies would have been quite the same.
That’s the power of a mentor.
The right mentor can take a person from struggling to soaring.
From confused to confident.
From down-and-out to downright successful!
You may be thinking, “Well, I’m no Harry Potter/Neo/Skywalker. The fate of the world doesn’t rest on my shoulders. I’m just an average person trying to run a business.”
In that case, here are a couple of highly successful business people who have their mentor to thank for their success:
- Bill Gates was mentored by Warren Buffett (you can’t get more businessy than this duo!)
- Mark Zuckerberg was mentored by Steve Jobs
- J.J. Abrams was mentored by Steven Spielberg
- Oprah Winfrey was mentored by Maya Angelou
- Richard Branson was mentored by Sir Freddie Laker
The thing is, having a mentor is one of the best things you can do for your business.
That’s the point of my Elite CMO Offer.
I have a ton of business knowledge. I’ve made mistakes, I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t, and I know all the latest tricks and tools.
That knowledge and experience is yours to learn from.
I’m not here to do your work for you.
But I am here to teach you new, successful ways of doing things. Ways you may not have considered before.
In Elite CMO, I’ll guide you to become the most successful version of yourself, running the most successful version of your business.
You could be the Neo of the business world 😉