When it comes to putting content on your website, gone are the days of just filling it up with words. The content that is flooding the internet nowadays, is content that is filled to the brim with useful and enlightening information that readers actually find helpful. This is the new norm when it comes to content on the internet, and the way that your website is going to be ranked by search engines as time rolls on. SEO copywriting is a rather specialized form of online writing that is characterized by the following three characteristics:
- Keyphrases: Keyphrases are words that are contained within the text of a websites content. These target words are specifically selected to target types of readers.
- Increased online rankings: SEO copywriting has been specifically designed to help websites gain higher search engine rankings when certain keywords are searched.
- Traffic drivers: SEO copywriting that converts visitors into customers is the overall aim of the SEO game, and making sales is what it is all about.
Keyphrases are essential to the success of any SEO copywriting, and should be easy to read, non-repetitive, and should not draw the readers focus away from what they are reading.
SEO Writing vs Traditional Copywriting
Although at first glance it may seem that the only difference between traditional copywriting and SEO copywriting is the use of keyphrases, but this art form goes a little deeper than that. SEO copywriting is about authoritative and insightful content that is able to assist people in their search for what they are looking for. It stands out from competing content, and always delivers what the readers are looking for. SEO copywriting content is content that is rich with useful information, as well as keyphrases, and not simply stuffed with words to make it look good.
Serving Two Masters
When you take the time to think about it, SEO copywriting is a task completed that serves two masters at the end of the day: the readers you are trying to reach, and the search engine you are seeking favor with. Obviously your content needs to be adored by your readers, and equally important that Google views your content in a certain way. It needs to understand what your content is all about, and SEO copywriting that converts viewers into customers, helps Google differentiate you from the rest.
Concerns for You
The freshness, research, and words that you use are all important factors when it comes to the success of your SEO copywriting. Some of the most concerning factors include:
- Pages not showing in Google rankings
- Pages are not converting visitors
- Your content is outdated or not up to scratch from the start
- Your content has never been optimized
If these are any of the concerns that you or business may be having, then an SEO copywriting strategy could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The best SEO is great content, and there are no excuses for poor quality in this digital age of marketing. Done right, your SEO copywriting can be the best thing you have done for your business since its inception.