Blogging is a great way of expressing oneself but without the right strategies, it’s absolutely nothing.
Usually, people write for a few days and once they feel the site isn’t getting any traffic they might stop posting completely.
Don’t give yourself a headache yet! If you need a blog makeover then you have come to the right place.
So here are 5 innovative ways that will improve your blog for good!
1. Use social media to promote
Today social media has become so much more than just sharing pictures, for entertainment or basic communication. In fact, over the years people have not only adapted to it but have started using it for better purposes.
If you have a blog, you need to understand that people aren’t just going to magically find you. So buckle up because you will have to work for it. And social media is a great way to direct traffic to your blog
Things to remember:
- Determining the target audience before anything is extremely important. You need to find out who you want to reach and then find ways to reach them
- Create a good profile
- On your posts add click to blog and share buttons
- However, don’t just post on there, Engage with your audience!
- You can even take the help of experts like social media manager or a consultant to help with your social media.
- If you are using social media to improve your blog make sure the content is optimized for the readers and not just the search engines
- You need to post frequently. Don’t overdo it though.
- Don’t spam people
- Give them variety
Believe it or not, Social Media backlinks are the most important backlinks. And promoting the blog is different for different platforms.
- On Instagram, you can spread the word about your blog by sharing blog images
- Use keywords in hashtags
- Instagram doesn’t let you put direct links to the post. Instead, put the link in the bio!
- Post when your audience is most active.
- Make it engaging and fun
- Follow fellow bloggers on Instagram. You might end up learning great deals from them.
- Your Facebook post needs to be an extension of your blog post.
- People usually don’t share landing pages but it’s easier to share blog posts. So take advantage of this.
- Facebook lets you do promotion on a Facebook Page and even in groups.
- So, Start a Facebook page and Facebook group
- Facebook page introduction should be good
- The posts should have good descriptions
- Don’t forget to Tag your friends on those posts
- Social sharing button is a must on every post
- You can even promote a few valuable posts by paying Facebook
- Add Facebook like box to your blog
- Use Facebook ads to raise awareness about blog
- Most importantly, build a relationship with your Facebook family!
- Before anything, you need to create a YouTube channel
- You can mention your blog post and give a link to it in the description box of the video
- However, Your videos need to be relevant to the blog post you are mentioning in the description
- Keep mentioning in the video to go to the description box and click on the link
- You can even add a graphic button on the screen to direct them to the video
- You can even create a video advertisement for the blog
- And don’t forget to interact with your audience in comments. This will help build up a relationship with them.
- First, determine your niche and target age group
- Once that’s done, Set up an appropriate Twitter profile
- You can make creative tweets about your blog
- Your personality and blog information should shine through your tweets
- Above all, building a good twitter following is the key
- Everywhere we only hear about other social sites but what differentiates LinkedIn from other social sites is its high-quality members. In fact, LinkedIn is a great way of creating business relationships
- You can put a link to your blog on your LinkedIn profile
- You can put up your posts to public profiles through WordPress or blog link application
- Post your blogs in groups for more attention. So, Create a LinkedIn group. You can even Join other LinkedIn groups
2. Find those funny bones!
A funny content will instantly hook the audiences to your posts. It’s a great way to show your audience that there’s a real person behind the post. People want information from the blog but they want to connect with the writer.
But, if you are still a tad bit confused and are probably banging your head, we have a few tips just for you!
- Be funny, don’t call yourself funny
Don’t mention that you are going to be funny or the content that you are providing is very funny. Because if you do that then, you are probably setting yourself up for failure.
You need to let your audience decide that for you!
- Don’t copy and paste jokes from the internet
Your audience is going to know when they see the same old repeated joke on your post. This can even make them doubt the authenticity of your content. So give them an original story that you find funny. They will definitely appreciate that over copy pasted jokes.
- Don’t be a Pinocchio!
Don’t lie and make up funny stories just for the sake of being funny. Be honest with your audience!
Hey, honesty is the best policy, isn’t it?
- Don’t be rude
Don’t ditch positivity in the name of humour; don’t make them look bad or offend them* Period *
- Don’t run away from the feedback
See how your audience is reacting to the new changes you have made. If they like it, well and good. And if not then, see how you can make it better.
- Make fun of yourself
Making fun of yourself is a great way to break the ice with the audience. You want them to relate to you.
If you are worried that making fun of yourself will show lack of self-esteem, you are wrong! Instead, this will only create a better bond with the readers.
- Be you!
Your own personality and life experiences are what will make you stand out. No one can ever take that away from you. So use it all!
3. Use quality images
A picture is worth a thousand words! And in this case, it’s true to every word.
People really like looking at images. Readers can often get bored with plain textual content and they need something to cut through that. Also, images help increase the attention span of the reader and the call to action rate. Images also help with the google ranking.
Visual information is easily translated. If you can’t exactly explain some content then, you can use images instead to explain it better. Believe it or not, you need images to back up your good content.
But not all blog images are equal. A bad image can even ruin the content.
So, what kinds of images are ideal?
Golden rule- The size of the image should be proportionate to the blog content width!
Remember, you are playing with fire if you steal copyrighted images
So, avoid getting sued and use these free sites for images –
4. Make it visually appealing
Visual communication is essential for a blog.
When people come to your blog they want to see something unique and customized to your blogs’ theme. This will give you an opportunity to present yourself
Also, attractive themes are the backbone of a successful blog. You should use a good quality theme or a plugin or a combination of both. Since a good theme can even help increase the conversion rates
A good theme will also help load the website faster. The more time your site takes to load, there’s a high chance you’ll lose visitors.
Visitors will definitely appreciate that you have taken time to customize your blog.
Before you choose a theme, keep the user experience in mind. However, make sure that your theme isn’t distracting the audience from your content
The design of the blog controls the user experience. A good customized design and layout will help you tell your own story effectively.
But in the stress to be better, don’t try to make your blog look like other blogs that are out there. That being said, don’t be afraid to check them out either. Get inspired.
You can hire a designer to work with you. But if you are just a beginner then purchasing in-built themes would be of great help to you.
Also, Make sure your blog is mobile optimized. Don’t forget to add your social media links to the layout!
You are a small fish in a gigantic ocean so how are you going to stand out?
As a blogger, it’s very important that you create a familiar brand name for yourself. In fact, be a brand! Branding will help your readers know what you are about and can help them track you easily.
A successful brand is about recognition, familiarity and trust. But unfortunately, Branding is something that most bloggers overlook. You want your audience to feel safe
Tips for branding yourself:
- Focus on determining your niche
- Your Brand needs to be strong and consistent. So post regularly.
- Your personality needs to shine through your posts
- Keep your brand name and logo simple
- Create specific brand keywords
- Differentiate yourself from your competition. The content should be you!
Doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or you have been blogging for quite some time. These above-mentioned approaches are going to change your blogging game for good!
About the author: